Tandon School of Engineering, NYU | email@example.com
Highlights of Qualifications
- Experienced in communications and design.
- Skilled in qualitative and quantitative research design, data collection, analysis and
visualization. With specialization in Participatory Action and Community-Based
Participatory Research Methods.
ArcGIS, Google Analytics and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Skilled in digital and analog fabrication techniques including laser-cutting and 3d
Tech Dev (2U, 2018-present)
- User Experience Design and Research
- Work with design and engineering teams to ensure the accessibility of new products
Google Creative Lab (Google via Adecco, 2016-present)
- Accessible UX Research and Design at Google's Creative Lab
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Tandon School of Engineering (New York University, 2016-2018)
- Teach Developing Assistive Technology and Looking Forward (vision-related assistive
technology) at the graduate level
ABILITY Project (New York University, 2015-2018)
- Manage a lab and several projects dedicated to the development of assistive and rehab technologies
- Employ a human-centered approach to the research and development of assistive and rehab technologies
Digital Communications Department (New York University, 2014-2015)
- Developed content of the university’s and individual school websites within NYU
- Assisted in various aspects of the nyu.edu redesign
- Created analytics reports for the university-wide site (nyu.edu)
- Conducted user-testing for the redesign of nyu.edu
(Springer Publications, 2014)
- Developed infographics and wireframes for the publisher’s online peer-review journals
St. Michael’s Hospital (Centre for Research on Inner City Health, 2013-2014)
- Coordinated fieldwork and communications for a citywide health services research study.
- Liaised with and communicated study results to key stakeholders from various hospitals, community health centers as well as, other organizations regarding a health intervention aimed at reducing frequent Emergency Department use.
- Performed assessments and psycho-educational sessions with RCT participants, as well as, qualitative and quantitative interviews using measures of subjective health and quality of life
(Vancouver Women’s Health Collective, 2012-2013)
- Facilitated a weekly, women’s art therapy group with three regular clients.
- Experienced working in a collective with feminist ideology, with issues around gender, oppression, abuse and addiction.
Student Art Therapist (VATI Practicum Work)
Enhanced Living Society (January-August 2011)
The Bosman Hotel Community (January- June 2011)
- Facilitated a weekly, open-studio style art therapy group in a supportive housing community of older adults living with mental health and addiction issues.
- Experienced working with issues of later life, chronic addiction and schizophrenia.
False Creek Elementary School (October-June 2012)
- Facilitated an open-studio style art therapy group in a supportive housing community that employs the harm reduction model of community care.
- Worked with people facing issues arising from chronic homelessness and dual diagnoses.
- Worked with a network of support workers (director, caseworkers, psychiatrist, hotel and nursing staff).
- Met with students aged 6-11 for one on one art therapy sessions on a weekly basis.
- Established therapeutic relationships and maintained a supportive role based on varied individual client needs and goals.
Paid Research Assistant/Data Visualization Designer
St. Paul’s Hospital (Centre Health Evaluation Outcome Sciences, 2010-2012)
- Visualized housing transitions of over 400 homeless and transitionally housed study participants to produce interactive maps, graphs and infographics for presentations and analysis.
- Performed Data Entry and analysis for a nationwide longitudinal study of health outcomes for transitionally housed and homeless participants.
Paid Research Assistant
Quality of Life in Homeless and Hard to House Individuals Validation Study (University of British Columbia, 2009-2010)
- Liaised with various organizations in the lower mainland in BC Canada that serve homeless and transitionally housed individuals.
- Interviewed vulnerably housed and homeless individuals using various measures of Quality of Life
- Performed data entry and analysis using SPSS
PhD, Rehabilitation Science
New York University, Fall 2016-
M.P.S., Interactive Telecommunications Program
New York University, 2013-2015
Art Therapy Post Graduate Diploma (With Thesis)
Vancouver Art Therapy Institute (VATI), 2010-2012
B.A., Majoring in Psychology and Visual Arts
University of British Columbia, 2004-2009
Ontario Scholar Award
, 2003-2007 (Ontario Government)
Tisch School of the Arts Funded Fellowship
, 2013-2015 (NYU)
Prototyping Fund Award Recipient
, 2014 (NYU Entrepreneurial Institute)
ABILITY Lab Access Design Competition Grant Recipient
, 2015 (NYU Polytechnic)